#INTERNATIONALFASHIONLAWYERS: Magdalena Niewelt - POLONIA - @LENANIEWELT



FASHION LAW IN POLAND
Por  Magdalena Niewelt
@LENANIEWELT


My name is Magdalena Niewelt.  I have been an attorney for several years, I love my profession and I hope to practice it for the rest of my life.

I also love fashion. I wanted to be a fashion designer as a child, and the number of negotiated awards in a form of watching Fashion TV filled my parents with fear. From the first holiday colonies I brought “Vogue” magazine (and I forbade touching it so it wouldn’t crumble). 
For many years I drew under the supervision of a professor of painting, and when I see a journals drawing, my heart always beats stronger. I was supposed to be a designer, and I became a lawyer. I absolutely do not regret it, because the love for fashion has not passed, or even increased in strength. I'm crazy about shoes and bags. I have too many of them!

What I like the most about fashion law is that it is new, fresh and very creative. We can really show a lot. We can build an international community of fashion lawyers. We can help fashion designers as well as their subcontractors, models, influencers, stylists and many others. Not all lawyers understand their world. That is why I published a book in which I quote you!

In Poland, fashion law has not been distinguished as a field of law. 
The purpose of this paper is to inform the beginners in this field of important legal aspects and to draw attention to the fact that the lack of legal protection may cause irreversible consequences in terms of both financial and image dimensions.
I wrote a book and each chapter of it focuses on important issues related to fashion law: industrial property law, copyright law, fashion brand image, tax issues or cooperation with influencers.
Is there a legal definition of the profession of a model? What are the possibilities related to the protection of the right to image? Is it worthwhile to register a trademark? Should a designer register industrial designs? Does payment for the post influencer constitute a tax-deductible cost in a situation where most followers were bought? What are the consequences of non-disclosure of advertisements on Instagram? Answers to these and other questions can be found in the book “Fashion Paragraphs”.



The Book